We are having our first baby! She is due April 1st! With anticipation for sleepless nights, a recovering body, and a husband who has to get right back to work, I decided to come up with a list of 10 Freezer Friendly Meals that I can start making now, and slowly check off my list until baby arrives. I’m about 25 weeks pregnant now, and set a goal to make one of these recipes per week. I will either make double batches, or just set our leftovers aside for a quick easy meal when we are too exhausted to do anything else. This way, instead of calling too frequently for Chinese, Pizza and anything else delivery, we can have a HEALTHY meal with easy access. Now, some of my meal choices are healthier than others… But they are all still better than what the delivery man might bring!
1. Chicken Salsa Pockets
2. Asian Lettuce Wraps (just have fresh lettuce when ready to eat – my favorite is the buttercrunch lettuce that still has its roots attached for ultimate crunchy freshness!)
3. Chicken Noodle Soup (hopefully we will have bread handy, if not crackers or grilled cheese will go along nicely with this!)
4. Crockpot Chicken Fajitas (just have tortillas and avocados ready to go!)
5. Crockpot BBQ Spareribs (serve with any veggie like corn, green beans, or a salad or baked potato)
6. Our favorite Chili recipe… (It’s evolving and depends what’s in our cupboards. Just add cheese and crackers… Maybe serve over noodles to span it out)
7. Stromboli (yummy with salad)
8. Flank Steak (serve over rice or with noodles)
9. Crockpot Pulled BBQ Chicken
10. Italian Wedding Soup (serve with warm bread, maybe naan)
And, if it weren’t an obvious choice already…. I already have my favorite homemade cookie dough recipe in my freezer! I suggest all soon to be mothers do the same! Only downside is that That recipe might just not make it through uneaten before baby gets here!